Friday 29 May 2020

Maker's Movement - Baked With Love

Hello, my friends!

I'm back today to share a fun new project for Maker's Movement

 I've used the adorable In the Kitchen Stamp Set,
to create a sweet little recipe book.

I've also used the Borders Stamp Set,
as well as just a couple of stamps from the Essential Sentiments Stamp Set.

The inspiration for this project came from a recipe book that my aunt made,
and gifted to me at my wedding shower,
We'll be celebrating 35 years of marriage in just two weeks,
and I'm still using the recipe book!

It's a wonderful idea for gift,
or you can just make one for yourself!

Here's the front cover of my recipe book:


I cut the covers from white chipboard,
just a little bit bigger than the 3 x 5 recipe cards.
I did all the stamping, and then inked the cover with distress ink.
I colored the sweet cupcake with Stickles,
and added some to the circle border.


I found some very brightly colored recipe cards in my stash.
I included four cards of each of the four colours.
Since these cards are so colorful,
I did all the stamping on them with black ink.


In the top right corner I stamped a food,
in the bottom left I stamped a utensil,
then I filled in the other corners with the border stamps.


I know the stamping cuts into the recipe space
but I left the whole back side clear.
Lots of room on the front for the title and ingredients list.



In case you don't have some of the bright recipe cards
I included some white ones to show you how then can be just as fun.


These white cards could be stamped in black
and colored in, as I did in my samples.
Alternatively, they could be stamped using bright and colorful inks.
There are so many creative ways to use these fun stamps.


Here's the back cover.
I stamped "To" and "From", using the stamps from the Essential Sentiments Stamp Set,
along with the heart and sentiment from the In the Kitchen set.
Finally, I tied some pretty ribbons on the binding wires. 


All three of these stamp sets are great multi-use stamp sets!
They all stamp beautifully - clear and crisp!
So much fun!

* * * * *

Maker's Movement Products Used:

 In the Kitchen Stamp Set

Borders Stamp Set


Other Materials Used:
Bind-It-All;
Zutter Wires;
White Chipboard;
3 x 5 Recipe Cards;
Jet Black Archival Ink;
Distress Ink - Salty Ocean;
Stickles - Frosted Lace, Xmas Red, Worn Lipstick.

* * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:


2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful idea Nancy your beautifully made recipe book will be a treasure, as the one your Aunt made I'm sure.
Take care
Faith x

Tyreese said...

Hi nice readinng your blog

Blog Archive