Sunday 3 May 2020

Rinea Tutorial - Bee Card

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a quck and easy tutorial for Rinea.

I'm going to show you how I made this fun Bee Card,
using these fabulous foiled papers!

All I needed was one piece of Ebony/Gold Glossy Paper.
Gorgeous glossy black on one side...and gold on the other.

Here's my card:

Here's how I did it:


Materials Used:
Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die - Mixed Media;
Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die - Geo Insects;
Black Cardstock;
Crossover II Fabric and Paper Cutting System.


1 Create a 5 1/2" square card base from the black cardstock. Set it aside.
2. Cut a piece of the foiled paper to measusre 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". 
3. With the gold side up, place the bee hive die from the Mixed Media set into one of the corners. Run it through your die-cutting machine. I used the Crossover II Machine to do my die-cutting. The benefit of using this machine is that you can alter the pressure. I didn't want the die to cut out in it's entirety. I wanted to just pop out several of the pieces and leave the rest intact. If you don't have an option like that, just cut them all out. It will still look great!
4. Once the one corner is cut out, place the die in a second corner and repeat the process. Continue around the card. Don't worry about where the die-cutting overlaps. It's fine!
5. Flip the remaining piece of foiled paper over, so the black side is facing up. Place the bee die on it, and run it through your die-cutting machine.
6. Adhere the gold foiled piece onto the black cardstock base.
7. Adhere the bee in place onto the gold bee hive background. I used my Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writting Cap. I find it really cuts down on blue smears.

There you have it...a quick and easy card!


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
See you again soon!

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:



3 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful card and great ideas to shar3 with us stay safe love Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Honey gold and Gorgeous Nancy.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great combination with the gold and black, perfect for a bee card!

Blog Archive