Wednesday 24 June 2020

Dies R Us - Quick and Easy Flower Tutorial

Happy Wednesday, friends!

It's time for a new project share for Dies R Us.

I've used the  Sizzix Tim Holtz - Small Tattered Florals die for my samples.
They were in stock when I began this project,
but I see now that they're out of stock.
These ideas will work well with many other flower dies too.
I follow the same steps for the Tim Holtz Bigz Tattered Florals die.


I like to cut multiples of these, and put them together in front of the tv.
I also like to make them from white cardstock.
Since I don't have a specific project in mind, 
I'm not sure what color I will need. 
Making them all white gives me any option of color,
with inking, spraying, or painting.


For the first flower, I cut two each of the three largest flowers.
I spritz them with a little bit of water,
and then roll them up into tight little buds.
Then I set them aside to dry completely.


Once they're dry, I carefully open the flowers out.
Then I use liquid glue to adhere the petals together,
from largest to smallest, off-setting the petals.


As you can see in the photo of my finished flower,
I actually re-rolled the final die-cut layer before adhering it into the center of the flower.
This flower has lovely texture and dimension.
It's ready to be sprayed any color.
It also looks really pretty with just the tips all inked up.



For my second flower sample,
I die-cut two each of a large, a medium, and a small.
I then use my stylus and my foam pad to shape the flowers.
First, I lay it face side down on the foam,
and run the stylus over the back of each petal.
Then I turn the flower over, 
and apply pressure to the center of the flower with the stylus.
This gives each flower petal a lovely shape.


Then I adhere my flowers together with wet glue, 
from largest to smallest, off-setting the petals. 
I decided that I wanted to use just one of each size for this flower.
So the layers I cut made two complete flowers.


These still have wonderful texture but not as much bulk as the first sample.
Again, they're ready to be colored any way you want. 
This flower also offers a lovely center to add a pearl, rhinestone, or bead.


There you have it...two different quick and easy flowers.
Great to have on-hand for whenever you need a flower.

* * *

Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * * * *

Dies R Us Product Used:



* * * * *
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R s Challenge Blog
 There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month 
and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Carol L said...

Thanks for a great tutorial on making realistic flowers! I'm going to bookmark this for future reference :) They're beautiful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful tutorial Nancy, they look absolutely wonderful. A MUST to remember.
Take care
Faith x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Really sweet flowers. Thanks for the tutorial. Hugs, Teresa

Chrissy said...

I love your flowers Nancy, I have made the second one before but not the first and really going to have a play and make some of these..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Valerie said...

What a fabulous tutorial, Nancy. I have to give this a try. Your paper flowers always look so beautiful.

Blog Archive