Friday 26 June 2020

My Scrap Chick - Fun New Project!

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a fun new project share for My Scrap Chick!

Today I'm featuring the:

Recipe Card Dividers.

Here's what my finished dividers look like:



Don't those look fun?
I've been really busy cleaning/sorting/purging. 
In the process, I came across this wood picket fence box.
Right away I thought of a use for it, and found a place for it, and got to work!


The first thing I needed to find was some tabbed dividers.
Of course I went straight to My Scrap Chick and found just what I needed.
I measured my box first, and then resized the file to fit just right.


The file has three tab options: left, center, and right.
I decided I wanted them to be black,
so I grabbed some black cardstock, and got busy.
I cut multiples of each


I then measured the dividers, and cut papers to fit them,
leaving a black border.
I used a great Bible Journaling paper pad from Recollections.
Does that give you a hint of what I'm putting together?


Yes! It's going to be my new Scripture Card Box.
I'm going to come up with a good name for it,
and I think I'll probably do some decorating of the box itself.
I'll be filling this box with fun creative cards,
that will include my favorite Scripture Verses.


I'm really excited about this new project!
I originally started my blog just to participate in an online Scrpture Challenge.
I did that for years...until it ended.
Then I got busy, and would only share a faith project now and then.
I'm excited to be getting back to something I love so much!

Of course I'll be using some great files from My Scrap Chick,
and lots of other goodies, to create my Scripture Cards.
I hope you'll continue to come by and check them out! 
Maybe you want to find a box of your own and join me! :o)

* * * * * 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project share!

 * * * * *
Have you signed up for the My Scrap Chick newsletters yet?
Don't forget to do that!
You really don't want to miss out on any of the great freebies! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:




7 comments:

Natalia said...

Such a cute box!

Eekers said...

So the image of you having a craft room purge and discovering the most awesome picket fence box (that you'd forgotten you'd got?) made me chuckle so much. It's amazeballs! Such a great way to use it too! Please can you have a section for scripture that friends like? I would like "Sweet friendships refresh the soul and awaken our hearts with joy..." from Proverbs in my YELLOW section please ;) xxx

Susan M said...

What a great box to find Nancy ! And those papers are lovely ! I used to love the scripture challenges , I still have a look at my old pages from time to time. I've had a journal for ages with a die to cut out the pages and I am thinking of doing some pages of worship songs that have kept me going during the pandemic. I have heard Blogger has changed so I will have to have a look to see if I can understand it now ! I am excited about your project too !!

Anne Temple said...

You hooked me on FB and I had to come see :-). I love this project and that box you "found" is perfect. Love the colorful patterned papers you've used too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE the box find and to even think of adding dividers was so creative (as always), They look great.
Take care
Faith x

Chrissy said...

I have one of these little boxes but white Nancy and it holds my glue and tape etc, very handy and I love your cute divider cards, great idea.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun project! I do love ABC projects 😀

Blog Archive