Monday 14 September 2020

Maker's Movement - Wherever You Go...

 Hello, my friends!


I'm back today to share a fun project for Maker's Movement

Today I'm featuring the stamp set:


 It's kind of funny that I'm working with this stamp set today.
We were just discussing maps with some people the other day.
Someone asked the question: "Who even uses an actual map these days?" 
We chuckled because we actually found three of them in our glove compartment! lol

This was the inspiration for my card.
I wanted to create a map that resembled a well worn map;
like the kinds EVERYONE used to have! ;o)
It isn't my husband's favorite because he thought it looked messy!
Well, sometimes we just need to be messy, right? 

Here's my card:


I stamped the map onto white copy paper.
You can match up the lines of this stamp and make a bigger map,
so that's what I did.
Then I tore around some of the edges, and crumpled it up a bit.
When it was the size I wanted, I folded it up.
I used the map fold, and then I undid it and refolded it again.
Then I rubbed and distressed it along the fold lines.
Finally, I adhered it to the card base,
leaving some of the puckers and crumples in place.


Originally I added just the "WHEREVER YOU GO I WILL FOLLOW" sentiment.
I thought it worked well with a worn out map.
Then I decided it seemed rather stalker-ish! lol 
So I decided to add the "I MISS YOU" with the heart.
It's better, right? lol



This stamp set comes with a great variety of sentiments,
along with a few icons.
The map itself is so much fun to play with.
You'll be seeing me use it again in the future!

* * * * *

Maker's Movement Products Used:

 Wish You Were Here

Other Materials Used:
Recollections Cardstock;
Ranger Letter It Jet Black Ink;
Memento Rose Bud Ink;
White Copy Paper.

* * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:


3 comments:

Eekers said...

I like all the added texture of the crumpled paper, and I think this layout/sentiment would work great with any kind of map, it's a super idea! :D NEYT. ;) xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love the messy wrinkles. It gives it a mixed media, textured vibe. Brilliant design. Hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful Nancy and I love the sentiment it is so perfect for the map.
Faith x

Blog Archive