Monday 8 March 2021

Kate Hadfield Designs - Our Guinea Pig Page

   Hello, my friends!

Today I have a fun new project for Kate Hadfield Designs,

Last month Kate released a really fun new collection of pet themed doodles.
I was so excited to see a Guinea Pig in the collection,
and it just happened to resemble the pet we had when I was a child. 

I made a really cute memory page for my 8 x 8 album.

I started with a base of white cardstock.
Then I added the pretty yellow page from Sketchbook Pages 1.
I used Print/Cut in Cricut Design Space to cut out all the fun elements from:


The title was done using the Summer Camp Alphabet.
About the title...our sweet Guinea Pig's name was "Guinea"! lol
One of my brothers must have come up with the name.
I'd like to think I would come up with something a bit more creative! ;o)

I was hoping to find a good photo to feature in the layout.
I only managed to find some small old photos,
of questionable quality! 

I copied the photos and fussy cut Guinea out of them.
His cage was actually just like the one from the collection
but it didn't have legs and just sat on the floor.
I was going to cut the legs off but decided to keep them to position Guinea against it.
In the actual photo Guinea was propped against the trunk of the Christmas tree.

This was such a fun page to put together,
and it brought back some sweet memories too! 

* * * 

Kate Hadfield Products Used:

My Kinda Pet,

Pet shop,

Summer Camp Alphabet,

Sketchbook Pages 1,

Art Joodles: Mixed Bag 3.

* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back with more fun doodle project soon!

* * * * *

Here are all the links:

Kate Hadfield Designs Shop

Kate Hadfield Blog

Kate Hadfield Facebook

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun page, Nancy! Love how you've positioned your own Guineas!

Susan M said...

It's a fabulous page Nancy and more special with your own little pet. My sisters grandchildren have guinea pigs they seem to make a lovely pet.

Eekers said...

Report: There is a satisfactory amount of yellow in this project. Thank you. ;)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Soooo adorable Nancy, I love the guinea pig with all teh fab details you added for him. Just Love it all - with a smile on my face.
Faith x
Hope you're feeling better.

Blog Archive