Wednesday 22 September 2021

Scrappy Tails Crafts - A Little Birdy Told Me...

    Happy Wednesday, my friends...
...and Happy First Day of Fall! :o)

I'm back today with a fun new project for Scrappy Tails Crafts

I thought I would interrupt my run of foiled Christmas cards,
to share a card that celebrates the first day of Fall! 

Here's my card:


The inside of the card...which I neglected to photograph...
says: "...it's Fall!"
I actually began with cutting the A2 Forest Tree Cover Plate Metal Die,
from kraft cardstock.
I then cut it out again, and fussy cut out the larger horizontal branch.
I turned it upside down and adhered it in place to the frame.
I then adhered the cut frame onto my background paper.
Pulling out the Fall colors from the background paper,
I added two more matts before adhering it to my kraft card base.
 

and stamped several birds onto watercolor paper.
I colored the birds in with watercolor paints,
and then fussy cut them out.
I also stamped the sentiment out on watercolor paper,
and added some of the colored matts behind it.
Finally, I added the birds to the scene using foam tape.


Here's a closer look at the birds.
I chose colors that would work well with my scene,
and then settled each of them on their own branch.


All the great dies and stamps from Scrappy Tails Crafts work so well together.
You can combine pieces from different sets and create such fun projects!

This is the first project that I have finished and photographed in my temporary location.
It was tricky trying to get some good photos,
as it's quite dark here with higher than usual windows. 

* * * * *

Scrappy Tails Products Used:

 A2 Forest Tree Cover Plate Metal Die;

 Spring Birds 6 x 8 Stamp Set.

Other materials used:
Recollections Cardstock;
Doodlebug Papers;
Ranger Archival Ink;
Watercolor Paper;
Watercolor Paints.

* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll have another fun project share very soon!

* * * * *

Here are all the links:

Scrappy Tails Crafts Shop

Scrappy Tails Crafts Blog

Scrappy Tails Facebook

4 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Really lovely card.

Susan M said...

It's beautiful Nancy, your little birds are lovely especially with your great watercolouring !

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those birds and the card concept Nancy, so beautiful.
Faith x

Robyn said...

Anything with birds is always brings me joy. Yours are wonderfully colored. Perhaps when I grow up, (if I grow up)I am a color beautiful like you!

Blog Archive