Tuesday 15 November 2022

How to Use Bowdabra Ribbon as a Design Element on a Card

            Hello, my friends!

It's time for another fun Bowdabra project!

This time there isn't a bow in sight!

 Today's project is Christmas card,
totally inspired by this pretty Christmas ribbon from the shop.


Here is how I did it:


Supplies used:

Bowdabra Christmas Ribbon;
Square Front Card Base;
Digital Cardinal - from Kate Crafts Shop;
Assorted Die-Cut Sprigs;
Glitter Glue.


Isn't that a pretty ribbon?
I just had to feature it on my card.

1. I began with a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" green cardstock card base. I cut a piece of ribbon that measured 5". I used pinking sheers to cut it, to prevent fraying. Consider the placement of the design before you cut. You want to have a full image, and not just the top and bottom. I also fussy cut out another design element.


2. I adhered the ribbon along the left side of the card, leaving an even border around. 
3. I then added the sprig die-cuts in place on the bottom right corner.
4. I added the die-cut cardinal in place on the sprigs.


5. The fussy cut element was adhered to the inside of the card, along with a second smaller bird. I left room to add a sentiment.
6. Finally, to finish everything off, I added stickles to all the sprigs. The ribbon has beautiful glitter on it, so I wanted it to match. 


I really liked this beautiful ribbon!
I knew right away that I wanted to use it on a card front.
It was fun to find some elements that would work with it.

Ribbon doesn't have to be just used to make bows!
There are so many other ways pretty ribbons can be used!

* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back next month with another fun bow project!

* * * * *

Here are all the Bowdabra links for you:

Bowdabra Shop

Bowdabra Blog

Bowdabra Facebook  

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That is one clever and beautiful idea, I'll have to go see what ribbon I have Nancy.
Faith x

Blog Archive