Tuesday 15 November 2022

Marshmallow World Tutorial for Printable Cuttable Creatables

   Hello, my friends!

It's time for a fun new project for Printable Cuttable Creatables!

As I was browsing in the shop at all the fabulous Winter and Christmas files,
this project idea popped into my head.

 It was so much fun to make!

Here's my finished project:


Here are the files I used:





Here's how I did it:


I began by using the print/cut option for the marshmallow snowmen. 
The Smore Sleighride file included the plain snowman image. 
I used one of those as is, then I shrunk one down and flipped it.


Here they are cut out. Aren't they adorable? 
I really like the touches of green.

Then I went on to cut out all the other pieces:


I sized my title file at 11 inches wide.
I began with all the white bits.


Then I did the frosty blue cuts.
The one piece is a layer from the title file.
I chose the round tag from the tag set, and cut only the one layer - 3 times.


Then I cut the detailed/contrast lettering.
This I did in a milk chocolate brown color that matched the images.


Next, I adhered all the images onto the tags.


Then I started assembling the title.
I added the blue background onto the white base,
and then added the white elements on top.


Then I went on to add the detailed lettering.


I then cut four pieces of pretty shimmery ribbon that measured 8 inches.
I threaded a ribbon through the tag, and applied a little piece of double sided tape to the back, as shown.


I then folded the ribbon up, matching the edges.
The tape holds it in place nice and straight.
I repeated that process for the other two tags.


Next, I laid the title piece, and the three tags, face down on my measuring mat,
ensuring that everything was lined up straight and even.


It's hard to see in this photo but I then used tape to secure both ribbon ends in place.
I then decided to go back and cut one more of the large white layer pieces.
I adhered this to the back, as it enclosed the ribbons and finished things off.
I don't have a photo of that but I'm sure you don't need one.


Then it was just a matter of adding a couple of finishing touches.
I tied a three little ribbon bows, using the same ribbon,
and adhered them to the top of each tag.


I punched a hole in the top of the title piece, added an eyelet.
I then inserted the fourth piece of ribbon through the eyelet and tied a knot.


Finally, I added some sparkly Stickles to the snowflakes.


Isn't that fun?
I am hanging it above my coffee center.
We enjoy lots of hot chocolate in Winter.
It would also be a fun gift for anyone that loves hot chocolate
...and marshmallows, of course!
You can even get the kids involved! :o)

* * *
Other Materials Used:
Cricut Explore Air Machine;
Celebrate It Ribbon;
American Crafts Cardstock;
Eyelet;
Stardust Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:

Printable Cuttable Creatables Shop

Printable Cuttable Creatables Blog

Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook  

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SQUEAL! I LOVE it Nancy, how clever.
Faith x

Blog Archive