Thursday 17 November 2022

A Peek at My November Junk Journal Project for Rach and Bella Crafts

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with my first November post for Rach & Bella Crafts!

This week I'm starting with a little look at the beginnings of my new journal.
I'm also sharing a tutorial on how to make a quick and easy shaker tag!

First, here's a look at the journal cover I made, and some of the tags.


Can you see the theme here? 
The main kit I'm using is Nanna's Antique Lace.
I also have some other fun goodies that I'll share next time.

* * * * *

Now...onto the tag tutorial:


I started by cutting out the tag from the kit.
Can you see the sequins among the lace?
That is what inspired this tag.
I then cut a slightly larger tag from kraft cardstock. 


Next, I grabbed two nesting oval dies.
These dies are two sizes apart, which works very well.


Using the larger of the two dies, I cut two pieces of acrylic.


I layered the tags together, ensuring that the kraft tag framed the pretty lace image tag.
Then I cut the smaller oval out of the center of both tags.


I then glued the acrylic ovals onto the wrong side of each tag.
This is why it's nice to use a die two sizes larger.
It gives you room to work with. 
I then left them alone to dry.
Once they were completely dry,
I positioned the sequins and beads onto the oval of the kraft tag.


I added a generous bead of glue around the oval of the other tag,
and adhered it in place over the other tag, sandwiching all the bits in between.
Leave it alone to dry completely.
If you move it around before it's dry, some of the bits can get into the glue bead.

See how easy that is?
It makes such a pretty addition to my junk journal!

* * *

Rach&Bella Crafts Products Used:

Nanna's Antique Lace

Other Materials Used:
Fabric and Lace from My Stash;
Grafix Acrylic Sheet;
Tutti Designs Stitched Oval Dies;
Kraft Cardstock;
Assorted Sequins and Beads
 

* * *

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project for Rach&Bella Crafts!

* * *

Here are all the links:

Rach&Bella Crafts Facebook Page

Rach and Bella Crafts Etsy Shop

Rach&Bella Crafts Instagram   

No comments:

Blog Archive