Thursday 1 December 2022

Christmas JOY Card for Printables Cuttables Creatables

    Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new project share for Printable Cuttable Creatables!

 I always think of Christmas as a season of JOY!
So when I saw this fun file in the shop, I knew I had to make a card with it.

There are two options for buying this card; on it's own or part of a kit.
Here are the links:

Joy Christmas SVG Cutting File & Clipart

or

Christmas Treats Craft Bundle - SVG Cut Files and Digital Paper.

Here's my card:


Isn't that a cute and creative card?
I think the pieces would be fantastic all cut out and reassembled,
but I didn't have the time for that.

So here's what I did:


I actually took some screen shots of the process. 
I've not done this before but thought I would try it.
Let me know if it helps.

First, I uploaded the clipart I wanted to use. 
The file includes each individual "letter", along with the word art png.
I uploaded the complete word, and sized it at 5 1/2" wide.


Next, I added a white rectangle to my canvas.
It uploaded with rounded corners, which I really liked.
I knew that I wanted my finished card to be 5" x 7",
so I sized the white rectangle at 5 1/2" wide.



I sent the white rectangle to the back, and added the word art file on top.
I then resized the word art to 5" wide.
I then highlighted the whole piece and selected "flatten".
(Sorry, I don't have a picture of that.)
Then I selected the "print then cut" option.


I sent the image to my printer, and then added the printed piece to my mat.


Here it is all cut out!


Next, I printed out this fun diagonally striped paper.
It's part of the Christmas Treats Craft Bundle.
I made a white cardstock card base that measured 5" x 7".
I cut the striped paper to fit the front and rounded all the corners.


I inked around the card base and the printed panel, using red ink.
I then added the printed/cut piece to the card base using foam tape.
It's cute just like that but every Christmas card needs a little sparkle, right?


To finish things off I added pretty red Stickles to the wreath and the reindeer nose.
I also added Glossy Accents to the reindeer eyes.


It's such a fun and festive card
...and so much fun to put together!
I hope you give it a try! 

* * *

Other Materials Used:
Cricut Explore Air Machine;
White Cardstock;
Red Ink;
Red Stickles;
Glossy Accents;
Foam Tape.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:

Printable Cuttable Creatables Shop

Printable Cuttable Creatables Blog

Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook  

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How very lovely Nancy, I have this file and MUST get it used. Thanks for reminding me. Love the perfect paper.
Faith x

Blog Archive