Monday 30 January 2023

Fun Ephemera Project with Bonus Bits

 Hello, my friends!

When I saw this beautiful collection of Easter and Spring Fussy Cuts
over at Polka Art Studio's Etsy Shop,
I just knew it was going to be a fun file to play with!

As you know...I love to fussy cut!

I've shared several ephemera folios with you before
but this file needed something different. 
There were 7 pages of fussy cuts to organize. 

Then I saw the Shabby Chic Digital Envelope File
and new it was just what I needed!


This file included 6 beautiful envelopes, along with three optional backing papers. 
I printed them, cut them out, and assembled them following the included instructions.


I wanted to connect all my envelope, so I made a hinge. 
It's a simple matter scoring and folding a strip of cardstock.


My hinge had six flaps for my six envelopes.
I adhered the hinge to the back of each envelope.
There is a 1/8" space between each hinge.

In the photo below, you can see the envelopes assembled:


Once all the pretty Easter/Spring bits were fussy cut, I sorted them into piles.
On the inside of each envelope I wrote the name of what was going in that envelope.
In the photo you can see "Flowers".
I also had: Bunnies, Easter, Butterflies, Birds, and Other.  

Hmmm...I guess I missed a photo of this envelope folio in the wooden box. 
You can see a corner of the wooden box showing in the photo above. 
This piece fits beautifully into the box!
It stands up and allows me to flip through the envelopes
and pull out the pieces I want.

Then I went on to make these fun projects, shown below:


Aren't those little envelope dangles adorable?
Each one measures 1 1/4" x 3/4". 
Each envelope page included a mini envelope diagram,
showing how to assemble the full envelopes.
I cut them out and assembled them. 
I inserted an eyelet in each and then added a bulb pin.
They're tacked shut with temporary adhesive,
and are just perfect for a tiny secret message!

The envelope shown on the left side, is another fun extra.
It's a small flat image of the envelope.
I cut them out and inked the edges.
Now they are a lovely little tuck!

* * *
Polka Art Products Used:



Other Materials Used:
Vintage Photo Distress Ink;
Recollections Cardstock;
Bulb Pins.

* * *
Thank you for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *
There are lots more fun goodies in the Polka Art Studio Shop!
Make sure you sign up for the newsletter too!
You don't want to miss all the fun events and freebies!

Polka Art Studio Links:

Polka Art Studio Etsy


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations Nancy, using my pet hate, fussy cutting. Love the result.
Faith x

Blog Archive