Saturday 6 October 2018

Around the World Card-Making Day with JOY CLAIR - My Space Challenge

Happy Hello, to all friends and visitors!

Welcome to the MY SPACE CHALLENGE of
Joy Clair's
Around the World Card-Making Day!



* * * * *
This will be a little bit of a re-post for some of you.
For many of you it will be brand new! 
I am in the process of purging and clearing my space,
so it was not possible to take updated photos. 
These are from the last space hop I did. 
The basics are all still the same.
My goal is to clear out what I'm no longer using,
make room for new things I want to focus on,
and have everything organized and pretty! :o)

* * * * *
I am blessed to have a bright room that measures 13' X 16'.
It's been my craft room for 18 years and has seen a lot of changes;
both in crafts and in set-up.
I really can't share the whole room in the condition it's in but I'll share some parts.
My husband is very talented, and builds me anything I want. 


He actually came up for the plan for these shelves.


The end unit is my die-cutting station. 
My Big Shot goes on top, and my dies are all close-by.


I always work standing up. 
I colour sitting down...but otherwise I'm always standing.
This is where I work.
I had my husband build a raised area for me, so I don't get a back ache.
I also work on a glass surface. 
It's just my favorite surface to work on for many reasons.
Everything I need is close at hand, either on top or under the work surface.


If I turn around from my work surface, this is what you see.
My trimmer, score board, another glass surface, and lots more, is all easily accessible.
The unit under it is from an old Eaton's Department Store.
The drawers are huge and very strong. 
You'd be shocked at how much they hold!
That's why I didn't share any photos of them open! lol


This is one of my favorite organizational spots.
It's in the black filing cabinet right under my work surface. 
The first two drawers are shallow and hold inks and other mediums.
This bottom drawer holds all my 8 1/2" X 11" cardstock. 
It's all sorted by colour, then in front of each colour is a file folder to hold the scraps in those colours. 
When I need a smaller piece I search through the scrap folder first.


 Here's a peek at one of my pegboards. 
This is my favorite ribbon organization! 
Do you know what these trays are?
They're chick feeders from a local hardware store.
Yes, actual chick feeders and they hold ribbon spools perfectly!
I love this system, and since this photo was taken I have added more!


There you have a look at where I work.

If you're interested in seeing more, it will have to wait until my room is finished! :o)

* * * * *
Now on to some business from Joy Clair about the days events...


We want everyone to be able to play so there is *no* requirement to use Joy Clair Stamps although we would be thrilled if you did. Please make a new card though!
We will have all challenges open until next Sunday, October 14th, 2018 at 11:55 p.m. EST to let you create a little more, because celebrations should never be limited to a single day, right?
If you are unable to participate in the challenges, simply comment on the posts. We will be giving one prize to a randomly drawn commenter compiled from all WCMD 2018 posts.
Add your link to the appropriate Inlinkz Link-up tool for that post. You may enter as many times as you wish while the challenges are open. There will a prize posted on each challenge and one card will be randomly chosen as a winner of that prize from those that Link-up.
Have tons of fun!
>>>SCHEDULE & CHALLENGE LINKS<<<
7:00 a.m. EST WCMD-18 My Space
9:00 a.m. EST WCMD-18 Rainbow Colors
12:00 a.m. EST WCMD-18 Make & Mail
1:00 p.m. EST WCMD-18 Around the World Blog Hop with Joy Clair Friends
3:00 p.m. EST WCMD-18 Smooshing
6:00 p.m. EST WCMD-18 Letters & Die Cuts
EDITOR'S NOTE: Winners of all the challenges will be announced as usual on a Joy Clair Blog post on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
We really want to reward those who enter multiple challenges. The crafters who enter a different card for at least FOUR (4) of the challenges (hopefully all of them!) AND add JCGP to the name of their link (for example "Lisa Lane JCGP") will be entered into a special pool to receive the Grand Prize. Entering to the WCMD -18 My Space Challenge below will qualify as 1 of those 4 challenges.

What is the Grand Prize you ask? We are giving away 6 Stamps Sets from Joy Clair Store (just in time for our upcoming next Release)!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your room is so neat and tidy. Mine looks like a tornado hit it.

Blog Archive