Tuesday 23 October 2018

Clear Scraps - Fall Acrylic Home Decor Hanging

Hello, my friends!

I'm back with a new project share for Clear Scraps!

Today I am featuring the Expressions Large Fall V piece,
which you can find right HERE.

This is a wonderful piece of clear acrylic that measures 5"x 15".
It comes with a protective film on both sides,
that you just peel back when you're ready.
The creative possibilities are absolutely endless!!

Here is what I made:


I began by placing the "F" in an embossing folder,
and de-bossing an owl at the base of the letter.
I did this before removing the protective film.
After it was removed from the embossing folder,
I removed the protective film from the back of the letter.
Then I used StazOn ink in Ganache, 
and a Fantastix coloring stick, to color my owl.
I used short little strokes, to mimic feathers.
Then I added Jet Black StazOn ink for the eyes and lashes.
I adhered a die-cut pumpkin behind the owl before adding the woodgrain paper. 
I also added a large die-cut leaf on the one side.
I removed the protective film from the front of the letter,
and added three enamel dots, and a pretty ribbon bow.


In place of the "A" in Fall there is a lovely Maple Leaf.
I removed the protective backing, and added the checked paper to the back.
After removing the protective film from the front,
I added three enamel dots, and a die-cut flourish.
I also added a small ribbon bow around the stem.


Here again, I removed the protective backing, 
and adhered paper to the back of the first "L".
I added another large die-cut leaf behind the letter.


While the protective film was still in place,
I ran the second "L" through a decorative embossing folder.
After it was embossed, I removed the protective film from both the front and the back.
I inked the back of the letter with the Ganache StazOn Ink.
Once it was dry, I adhered yellow paper behind it.
I then adhered the pumpkin and crow in place, on the back of the letter.
The die-cut flourish, acorn, and leaves were added to the front.
Finally, a small ribbon bow was adhered in place.


Here's one final look at the finished piece:


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Autumn;
Die-Cuts: Recollections - Autumn;
Enamel Dots: Your Next Stamp;
Inks: Imagine StazOn - Jet Black, Ganache;
Ribbon: Celebrate It.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back very soon with another project share! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:

4 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous such an innovative deign and beautiful colours love the embellishments its amazing Love and hugs Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! VERY creative Nancy and what a fabulous result.
Faith
x

Tracy said...

Cool! Being able to emboss the letters really opens up the possibilities. :-)

Katie said...

This is gorgeous

Blog Archive