Monday 17 December 2018

My Scrap Chick - Christmas Ornament Card

Hello, my friends!

Welcome to a new DT post for My Scrap Chick!

Today I am sharing a card using the Ornament A2 Quick Card 1 file.
You can find it HERE.

This makes such a pretty Christmas card!
I made mine in non-traditional colours.
One reason for that was because I really wanted to have a play 
with my new Opal Magic paint.
Here's my card:


I cut my card base and top layer from black cardstock.
I also cut the ornament from black cardstock.
Then I cut 3 more and layered them all together,
to give the ornament more substance.


When the glue was dry, 
I used a make-up sponge 
to apply the Violet/Green Opal Magic paint to the ornament cut.
The shimmer is so pretty on the delicate cut!
The photo doesn't do it justice!


Then I decided to sponge some additional paint onto the black framing layer, 
to tie it all together.
Finally, I added a pretty purple bow in a shimmery ribbon.
Here's one final look at the finished card!


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Recollections - Cardstock;
Paint: Prima Art Alchemy - Opal Magic - Violet/Green;
Ribbon: Celebrate It.

* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you'll head over to the shop and give it a try! 
Have you signed up for the My Scrap Chick newsletters yet?
Don't forget to do that!
You really don't want to miss out on any of the great freebies! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:




6 comments:

SandeeNC said...

So pretty!!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful card x

Bernadet said...

This is such a wonderful card Nancy

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's gorgeous Nancy, love the non traditional colours, the layers and the beautiful background.
Faith
x

Valerie said...

Besides loving the colors I love your painting on the black cardstock and creating the thickness in the ornament with layers.

Blog Archive