Saturday 26 January 2019

Mirtillamente Craft Shop - Freezing Season Layout

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a Winter layout to share with you for Mirtillamente Craft Shop.
(The shop is closed for inventory just now)

 I wanted to play with this photo of a beautiful Blue Jay. 
He is a regular visitor to my back yard. 
He is VERY noisy, and always lets me know when he is there! 

I call this my Freezing Season Layout:


Here is how I created it:

I began by gathering a navy cardstock for my background base. 
I then used two Dylusions stencils (Let It Snow and Small Bubbles) 
and Prima art extra vagance Snowflake Paste.


I stenciled my snowy design, and then set it aside to dry.
 When it was dry, it resembled snow beautifully!


Next, I cut a mat for my photo from white cardstock, 
and I cut several strips from the Les Papiers de Padore - Weeeek-end! paper. 
I also punched several circles from white cardstock using my 1/2", 1", and 1 1/4" circle punches. 
These will be my snowballs.


This photo shows how I assembled all these pieces. 
I first distressed all the edges with a distressing tool. 
I began with matting the photo. 
Then I added a strip of paper to the top, and a smaller strip to the bottom. 
I then adhered it to the background using foam tape. 
I then added a longer strip of the paper along the bottom of the page. 
I then added a variety of the "snowballs" randomly around the page.


Finally, I added some fun stickers from the 
Echo Park - I Love Winter 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet. 


Here's a closer look at the photo, 
and the embellishments surrounding it:


Here's the bottom of the page:


The top right corner: 


Here you can see some of the dimension the foam tape adds:



The paste also adds wonderful texture:


Here's one final look at the finished page:



Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
May you enJOY happy Winter days!


* * * * *
Here are all the links for you:





!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful layout

Susan M said...

Love your layout Nancy ! Gorgeous stencilling ! Your little bird is gorgeous too a really beautiful colour. Must be lovely to have him visit !

Blog Archive