Sunday 2 June 2019

Rinea - Oval Butterfly Tag

Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new tutorial for Rinea.

Today I'm going to show you how I made this pretty tag,
using these gorgeous foiled papers!


I'm using the "Pastels" collection for this project.

Here's how I did it:


Materials Used:
Die: Tutti Designs - Butterfly Dance;
Template: Fiskars Oval;
Cardstock: Black, Mauve;
Ribbon: Celebrate It - Turquoise, Mauve;
Sequins: Turquoise, Purple.


1. I traced around the outside of the Fiskars template twice, onto black cardstock. I cut the ovals out. 
2. I placed the template down on one of the black ovals, and traced the inside oval. I cut the inside oval out, leaving a black cardstock frame. 
3. I cut a piece of the Turquoise/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to fit behind the black cardstock frame, and adhered it in place. I then adhered the solid black oval in place behind it. The three layers together form a nice solid tag base. 
4. I cut one more oval out of mauve cardstock and adhered it to the back of the tag. This offers a place to stamp/write a message.


5. I die-cut two of the Dancing Butterfly dies; one from the Jade/Jade Starstruck foiled paper, and one from the Lavender/Lavender Starstruck foiled paper.


6. Then I took my little scissors and did some snipping on the Lavender die-cut. I very carefully trimmed out the pretty butterflies.
 

7. I adhered the Jade die-cut piece in place on the tag base. 
8. I added glue to just the body of the Lavender butterflies, and adhered them directly on top of the body of the Jade butterfly. When the glue was dry, I bent up the wings.


9. I added some sequins randomly around the oval. Odd numbers are always best. 


10. Finally, I punched a hole in the top of the tag. I looped a turquoise ribbon through the hole, and added a double-looped mauve bow just below it. 


Here's one last look at my finished tag:


This tag would be pretty in any color
but there's something about these foil colors against the black
that make a project extra special!

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back again soon with another fun project!
* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:



3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty Nancy! Love the beautiful detail.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! This is so pretty, love you used 2dies and colours to achieve the effect. With the shine of the foil, a great tag for any gift.
Faith x

Katie said...

Gorgeous tag

Blog Archive