Sunday 16 June 2019

Rinea - Patriotic Pop Up Box

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a fun tutorial for Rinea.

I'm going to show you how to make these fun
Patriotic Pop Up Boxes, 
using these fabulous foiled papers!

With Canada Day coming on July 1st,
and Independence Day coming on July 4th,
I thought this would be a fun project to share.



I'm using the "Patriotic" collection for this project.
It's lovely that this collection works for the colors of both countries! 
These little boxes measure approximately 3 1/2" x 4 1/2".
Wouldn't they look wonderful decorating a party table?

Here's how I did it:



Materials Used:
Cricut Explore Air Machine
Small Maple Leaf Die
White Cardstock
Tacky Glue


1. I began by cutting the box base out of white cardstock.
2. I then cut the layer pieces, using each of the colors of Starstruck Foiled Paper, in the Patriotic Foiled Paper Variety Pack


3. Using the maple leaf die, I cut several leaves out of the Ruby Red Starstruck Foiled Paper.


4. While the box base was still flat, I adhered all the foiled pieces in place on the box base. I used tacky glue to do this. Then I adhered the Silver and Ruby Red to the other box, along with the maple leaf, making it the red and white...and very Canadian. I added the the Sapphire and Ruby Red to one box - making it red, white and blue. Some of my American friends may have other little bits to add to make it appear more American! ;o)


5. Then it's just a matter of adhering the tab at the side, and popping the bottom tabs into place. 
The photo above shows the side view, and the photo below shows a view of the back. 


Here's one last look at the finished boxes:


These would look so festive for any occasion!
You could fill them with goodies, and give them away,
or just keep them on hand for some fun decor items!
They're so easy and fun to make!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back again soon with another Rinea tutorial!
* * * * *
Here are all the links for you:



2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cool!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Firstly, I love the shape of the boxes and the foiled card makes them VERY celebratory, I love the fact you used both countries colours - (could do for the UK and some other countries too), love the maple die for Canada, fabulous work Nancy.
Faith x
PS thanks for my win, I have a fab kit.

Blog Archive