Saturday 28 December 2019

Arnold Grummer - Rose Casting Card

Hello, my friends!

 I have one final 2019 project to share with you for Arnold Grummer.
This will be a short post today,
as I'm sure many of you are still busy celebrating the Season!
I just had to make another card using my stash of paper casting pieces!

Here's my card for today:


This beautiful Rose design was another one of the Paper Casting Stamps 
provided to me by Rycraft!
I'm sure you'll want to check them out HERE.
They have an incredible selection!


Materials Used in My Project:

Arnold Grummer - White Cotton Linter;
Arnold Grummer - Iridescent Flakes;
Blender;
Rycraft Paper Casting Stamp - Rose;
Chalk: Unknown - Pink and Green;
Papers: DCWV Shimmer Cardstock - Pink;
Doily: From My Stash;
Ribbon: Celebrate It;
Marker: Spectrum Noir - Clear Sparkle.

* * * * *
Just as a reminder...here's how I did my casting:
 The one 8 oz bag of Cotton Linter was enough to make all of these pieces. I simply added a handful of Linter to the blender with some water, and blended. I wanted my Rose casting to have some sparkle in it, so I also added some of the Iridescent Flakes to the blender before blending. After pouring it through a strainer, I added the wet pulp into the casting stamps. Then it was just a matter of using a sponge and towel to remove all the water. I popped the shapes out of the stamps, and allowed them to air dry. You can find complete casting instructions at the Arnold Grummer Resource Page.


I wanted my Rose to have some color but I wanted to keep it soft and pretty.
I decided that chalks would give me the desired effect.
I used two shades of pink, and two shades of green.
After coloring it, I adhered it to a pink cardstock circle.
I then used foam take to mount it to my A2 tent-fold card base,
with a pretty white paper doily adhered in between.


Here you can see the pretty sparkle from the Iridescent Flakes.
I wanted just a little bit more shimmer,
so I went ever the Rose with my clear Shimmer Marker.


Finally, I added a pretty double looped bow to the top of the card:


I hope you enjoyed seeing another paper casting card!
This beautiful Rose design would be perfect for so many occasions!
As you can see from the stash I made,
I'll be sharing more finished projects soon!


 Don't forget to go visit Rycraft!
You can see all their fabulous designs by category HERE.

* * * * *
Then head over to Arnold Grummer 
for more inspiration and instruction!

Here are all the links:




2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so delicate, Nancy! A gorgeous creation!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very Beautiful Nancy, I love the delicate rose and the doily and the lovely pink card.
Faith x

Blog Archive