Monday 30 December 2019

Southern Ridge Trading Company - Winter Album Cover

Hello, my friends!

I have a fun new post for Southern Ridge Trading Company!

I hope you've all been enjoying a wonderful Christmas Season!
 We've been enjoying beautiful frosty days!
The temperatures have been very mild,
with blue skies and incredible hoar frost!

That was the inspiration for my project today.
I've used some fabulous chipboard pieces
to decorate the front cover of an 8 x 8 album.



I began by pouncing some Picket Fence paint around the edges of the album.
Just enough to give it a frosty appearance.
Then I added the paper that looks like falling snow. 
I fussy cut some swirls out of a coordinating paper, 
and added them to the bottom of the page.
I thought they made fabulous snow drifts!


I inked two of the fun silhouette pieces from the Winter Kids set.
I think I have always done my silhouettes in black
but this time I did dark blue to work with the papers.
Then I adhered them in place on the swirls/snow drifts.


For the title on my page I used the Winter from the Winter Words piece.
I inked just the word part, and then adhered it in place on the album cover.
Once it was in place, 
I used white Crystal Drops to color the little snowflake,
as well as the snowy part.


In the photo below, you can see the great glossy finish on the snowy part.


Finally, I added three snowflakes, from the Snowflake set. 
I actually adhered them in place first,
and then covered them with the white Crystal Drops.


This was so much fun to make!
I can't wait to start filling it up!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:



Snowflake


Other Materials Used:
Binder from My Stash;
  Tim Holtz - Vintage Shabby Paper Stash;
Tim Holtz Paint Dabber - Picket Fence;
Distress Ink - Broken China;
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I'll have another project share for you in the New Year!

* * * * *
In the meantime, here are all the links for you:




2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love this, Nancy! Your snowdrifts are amazing! They are perfect for those kids playing in the snow! Awesome work!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BBrrrrr, this is certainly a Winter card, perfect methinks. Love it.
Faith x
Happy New Year

Blog Archive