Thursday 30 January 2020

Southern Ridge Trading Company - Loveable Layout

Hello, my friends!

I have a fun new post for Southern Ridge Trading Company!

 After yesterdays break from the theme,
I'm back today with another sweet Valentine project!

Most of you know that I always have several 8 X 8 Albums going. 
Some are seasonal, like the Winter one I shared last month. 
Some are filled with assorted pages that I've been inspired to make.
This is one of those pages.

It was the beautiful Abstract Heart Frames,
from Southern Ridge Trading Company,
that inspired this page.


I started by gathering all my supplies.


I dabbed the heart chipboard frames with embossing ink,
sprinkled them with the embossing enamel, and heat set. 
I repeated the process using the pink embossing powder,
on the "Loveable" and the three little hearts. 


I laid the smaller heart frame onto an old photo of my daughters.
This was taken back in the day...when they were still "Loveable"! lol
 Using my blade, I cut the photo to fit the frame. 
If you don't like using a blade, just draw around the frame, 
and cut out with scissors. 


Here's a close-up of the intricate frame, and the sparkly enamel. 
The "Loveable" is so shiny and pink!


 I adhered the 6" decorative paper to the center of the 8" cardstock base.
I adhered the large frame in place first, and then added the word in place.
Next, I added foam tape to the back of the framed photo,
and adhered it in place.
Finally, I added the three little hearts to the page.


I know that the word and little hearts would have shown up
much more clearly on the first paper I had chosen.
However, I really wanted something more whimsical and pretty.
So that's why I decided to go with this paper!



Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:





Other Materials Used:
  Recollections - Cardstock, Bo Bunny - Crazy Love;
Stampendous Embossing Ink;
Stampendous Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel;
Glitters Galore Shabby Pink Embossing Powder;
ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever and No Clog Writing Cap.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I'll have another project share for you in very soon!

* * * * *
In the meantime, here are all the links for you:




4 comments:

Ilonka said...

Whow I love this, your heart frames are so gorgeous. And de pics so sweet !!
Hugs Ilonka

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Simply gorgeous layout, love the 2 hearts with the piccie in one with your adorable daughters.
Faith x

Eekers said...

I love the idea of having several 8 X 8 albums on the go! I just struggle with one! :D Beautiful page and layout! <3~

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty, Nancy! Loving the embossing of the frames and the two cuties in the frame!!

Blog Archive