Thursday 12 March 2020

Vilda Stamps - Happy Easter Pillow Box

Hello, my friends!

I'm back to share my second project for Vilda Stamps!

On the 12th and 21st of each month, I will be sharing two projects, in two separate blog posts,
that I hope will inspire you to get some Vilda Stamps of your own.
They have such a fabulous variety of stamps to create with!

* * *

This time I have a fun little Easter project to share.
I have created a Pillow Box,
along with a little Easter Card.

I have used the Twigs Stamp Set V435, and English Texts 2010 V693.

Here's my fun little Easter Set:


Here's a closer look at the little note card. 
It measures only 2 1/4" square.
I first stamped the greeting with orange ink but it was quite faint.
I then stamped green over the orange, and I liked it.


To make the pillow box, I started with a piece of Bristol Paper.
I created a resist by heat embossing the twig stamps randomly over the paper,
using white embossing powder. 
I then spritzed the paper with water, and sprinkled it with Color Burst Powder.
I added more water, as I wanted to keep everything light fresh.
To present it, I filled it and wrapped it with white seam binding.


Here's a closer look at the embossed twigs.
The detail is fantastic!


Here I've removed the seam binding so you can have a better look.


This is the other side.
I really love these twig stamps. They'll be fun for so many different projects!


I thought the end result was perfect for an Easter treat set.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole basket of these boxes in a variety of pastel colours?
The twig stamping is so very Springy!



Vilda Stamps Used:



Other Materials Used:
Paper: Bristol Paper;
Die: Tim Holtz Pillow Box;
Color: Ken Oliver Color Burst - Yellow Ochre;
Embossing: Embossing Ink and White Embossing Powder;
Ink: Martha Stewart - Orange and Green;
Punch: WRMK Corner Chomper - Cloud;
Ribbon: Seam Binding.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for taking a look!
I'll be back next month with more fun projects!

* * * * *
If you're not familiar with Vilda Stamps, they are located in Sweden!
I've been a big fan of the stamps since I was introduced to them 
while working on a DT in Germany!
The stamps can be purchased from Engstroms Artstudio AB.
They ship all over the world.

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:



3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are beautiful, I love the orange and green stamping, a nice mix and the stamping on the pillow box is soo pretty Nancy. A lovley presentation for a gift.
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is a beautiful set of stamps. You made some lovely paper with them and the color burst. Very creative, Nancy.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely box and card. I'm glad you pushed through and fixed the stamping. It looks nicer than if it had worked the first time. Hugs, Teresa

Blog Archive