Tuesday 7 April 2020

Maker's Movement - Happy Easter!

Hello, my friends!

I'm back today to share a fun project for Maker's Movement

If you missed my Crossover II Machine review yesterday,
you'll find it right HERE.
I used this great machine for all my die-cutting on this project.

I've also used:



This makes such a fun interactive card!
Here's my card:


I started with a white cardstock A2 tent-fold card base.

I then stamped the egg, and one of the chicks onto white paper,
 colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers,
and cut them out using the matching dies.

I cut a piece of pink cardstock to fit the card front, 
and then I cut my watercolor design paper to 4" x 5 1/4".

I die-cut the largest square in the Pull and Reveal Set,
from the top center of the watercolor design paper.

I adhered the colored egg in place on the cut out square,
and stamped the "Happy Easter" above it. 
I also added some Stickles to the egg and set it aside to dry.


The little pink tab on the side of the card is pulled to reveal this adorable character. 
Isn't he fun? 
He looks so very disgruntled! lol
I chuckle every time I look at him, so I just had to use him. 



There are just a couple of simple steps to finish putting my card together. 
At this point, I adhered the watercolor frame piece onto the pink cardstock,
without the square.
I used the small slot die in the die set to add two slots through both papers. 
The first is directly to the left of the diecut window,
the second is close to the ege of the card on the right-hand side.
You can refer to the photos to see both of them. 
I then cut the pull strip and two tabs from the pink cardstock.
Then I simply threaded the pull tab through the slots.
The short side comes out on the left side.
The longer strip goes behind the papers, 
and is threaded out the side slot.

Then I just adhered the squares in place on the short strip. 
I added the front square on the one side, 
and a second yellow die-cut square onto the other side. 
I also added the tabs to the other end of the pull strip.

Then I adhered the pink cardstock in place on the card base,
ensuring that the pull tab was kept free.

To finish off the inside,
I adhered the fun chick in place on the inside square. 
I also used the sweet little egg dies from the set
to die-cut several pastel colored eggs. 
I added them in place by the chick.
The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock,
trimmed out, and adhered in place.

Finally, I added a few pretty sequins, for some added sparkle!


This fella REALLY means it! 
He wants you to have a Happy Easter!
Do it...even if you feel like he looks! lol

* * * * *

Maker's Movement Products Used:

Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System,




Other Materials Used:
American Crafts Cardstock;
Momenta Paper;
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink;
Spectrum Noir Markers;
Stardust Stickles;
Unknown Sequins.

* * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:


8 comments:

Natalia said...

Very pretty! Stay safe and healthy ☺

Teresa Arsenault said...

Really cute interactive card. Hugs, Teresa
PS - I will have a special gift for you on my blog tomorrow.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Too funny - love the expression on the face of the inside chick. Great interactive make!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I did chuckle at the expression that chick, this is a wonderful card Nancy with a great design in all ways.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Hee hee, so cute Nancy, a grumpy chick..fabulous cute card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jana Forrest said...

Nancy this card is so much fun! The little grumpy chick is the finishing touch. Great card!

Sandy Stark said...

That chick is so funny! I love that mechanism too.

Anne ingram said...

I really love this grumpy little chick!!! Such a very neat mechanism nancy! That is a great Easter card xxx

Blog Archive