Monday 6 April 2020

Too good Not To Share!

Hello, my friends!

I haven't done a product review of any kind for a very long time.
I'm changing that today!
Just in case you haven't heard of this great machine,
I thought I would introduce you to the Crossover II Machine, 
from Crafter's Edge.

The Crossover II is a fabric and paper cutting system.
Isn't it pretty?
I love the color, and how compact it looks folded up.
It comes with three plates:
a white base plate, a clear top plate, and a metal adaptor plate.
It also comes with a great user manual,
and a bonus Fab Die


Now, I actually have a couple of paper cutting machines.
I made sure that I had one to use with all my big steel ruled dies.
Then later I bought another one that had a larger platform, 
and did a better job of embossing the intricate die.
I wish I knew then what I know now. 
The Crossover II Machine does all of that...in one machine!

Here's a closer look at the machine.
When it's folded up, it measures 9"x 12",
and 4 1/2" deep. 
The handle on the side can fold up for easy transport. 
There is a nice handle on the top for carrying. 
This is a heavy machine, so you don't want to carry it around too much.
To me, the weight is a good indication of the quality of the machine.


This photo shows the machine opened up.
There are two velcro tabs that hold it closed,
so you just pull it apart to open.
They have a tight, secure hold,
so there's no danger of the machine falling open.
The handle is down in this photo too.
There is a button that makes it very simple to fold/unfold it.

Do you see the dial on the top?
This is what sets this machine apart from the others.


On either side of this dial there are arrows,
along with a plus and minus sign.
On the side, below the dial, there are numbers 0 - 18,
with an indicator display.

To use this machine, you simply refer to the user manual
and set the dial according to the number in the "recipe".
The manual lists various dies: paper dies, Fab Dies, steel rule dies.
It also has an extensive list of various media: fabric, paper, leather, cork, felt, etc.
The list gives you a dial setting for each combination,
as well as the number of layers you can cut.

Isn't that brilliant?

You can see the metal rollers on the machine.
The dial adjusts those rollers, and alters the amount of pressure.
If you run a die through the machine, and you're not happy with the cut,
you simply adjust the dial and run it through again.


I was most anxious to try the Fab Die.
This die is created to cut fabrics. 
As someone who comes from a sewing background,
and who loves to quilt,
I am really excited about the selection of Fab Dies in the shop.
What a fabulous time saving option for quilting.
The Fab Dies are a beautiful teal color too.

I decided to try the lovely bonus die on some craft felt.
The recipe in the manual told me I could cut three layers, 
and to set the dial at 7. 
Also, when cutting fabric, the sandwich will include the metal adaptor plate. 


Here are my die-cut felt pieces. 
I thought I was cutting three but I acutally had four layers. 
It cut beautifully!
All the corners and points were clean...no fuzzy bits that needed trimming. 


I was so excited!
I then went on to play with several other dies

Starting on the back row from the left I used:
Sizzix Bigz die with paper, embossing folder on kraft paper, 
and intricate Sizzix Bigz die with chipboard.

In the front:
flower die on heavy glitter paper, burlap, and then corrugated paper.
Finally, I pulled out one of my most intricate dies for the final sample.
This machine did an incredible job on each cut!


I've been using my Crossover II on every project,
and my other machines are gathering dust. 


Pros of this machine:

 - I think my favorite thing about this machine is the size of the mats.
They measure 8 1/2"x 12".
- It seems to cut anything and everything.
- Everything rolls through very smoothly.
- It folds up compactly.
- It's solid and well built.
- It's pretty! ;o)

Cons of this machine:

- I actually haven't found any cons yet.
If I really stretch for cons I could maybe make mention of how heavy it is.
However, since I don't need to carry my machine around that isn't an issue.
I would still highly recommend this machine for those that go to crops. 
Just use a wheely cart to trasport it!

* * * * *

You can find the machine, along with more details HERE,

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'll be back tomorrow to share a fun project for Maker's Movement!
Please come back and check it out! :o)


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear your so excited Nancy with your new "toy". Well men have toys why shouldn't we?
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Blog Archive