Tuesday 9 June 2020

Maker's Movement - Fun With Kayla's Embellishment

Hello, my friends!

I'm back today to share a fun project for Maker's Movement!

Guess what?
There is no paper used in my project today!
Instead, I've stitched up a cute little pincushion!


When I did the review of the Crossover II Machine (HERE),
I cut some red felt with the beautiful Kayla's Embellishment Fab Die.
This die came along with the machine.

The fab die cut multiple layers of the felt so smoothly:


I had cut four of them, and they are just too good to waste!


I found this fabric in my stash and thought it was just perfect for this project!
I cut two rectangles that measured 6 1/2 x 7 1/2.
My finished pincushion is 6 x 7.


I had so much fun making this project! 
I used black crochet cotton to stitch the felt onto the fabric,
using a blanket stitch.
I then stitched the circle in place, in the same manner. 


I dug into my antique button box
and found one that matched the color of the buttons in the fabric. 
The button has some fabulous crackle on it.
I stitched the button in place on the front,
while threading through a black button on the back.
I pulled the thread tight, so that it's nicely tufted,
and tied a knot on the black button. 
(as shown in the photo above)


Finally, since this is a pincushion,
I thought I should stick a few pins in it! lol 


I'll probably use this pincushion in my sewing room.
I might have to make another one to put in my craft room.
It would be a great place to store my decorative pins!

* * * * *

Maker's Movement Products Used:

Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System,
with Kayla's Embellishment Fab Die.

Other Materials Used:
Fabric;
Black Crochet Cotton;
Stuffing;
Antique Buttons.

* * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:


5 comments:

Natalia said...

Wow, looks so pretty!

Carole Pollard said...

What a delightful pincushion love the fabric and pretty shapes Love and hugs Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good thinking Nancy and a wonderful result with die and such neat stitching. Love it.
Take care
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cute! What a great idea! Beautiful work!

Helle Bilde Müller said...

I'm amazed by your versatility in crafting :-) Think I need to make me a pin cushion when I'm settled in my new home next month :-)

Blog Archive