Monday 31 August 2020

Maker's Movement - Beautiful Posey Traveler's Notebook

 Hello, my friends!


I'm back today to share a fun new project for Maker's Movement
Of course I used my Crossover II Machine for all my die-cutting.
 
I've also used:


I can't tell you how much fun I had putting this one together!
I've been having such a great time creating Traveler's Notebooks lately.
I've made them out of chipboard, mat board, and placemats.
I've made several different kinds of inserts too. 
So when I received this wonderful Posey Fab die from Maker's Movement,
it inspired me to make this TN.

Fab Dies are very strong dies that will cut through as many as six layers of fabric.
When cut on the Crossover II Machine, using the metal plate,
the corners and points all cut crisp and clean.

This project was a bit of an experiment for me.
I'm so happy with how it turned out that I can't wait to make more...and more... :o)

Here we go:


I actually began by choosing my flower fabric.
That determined my choice of the natural canvas for the base
and I put my cover all together.

*If you want more information on how I put this all together,
just leave a comment below. 
If there's enough interest I'll create a tutorial post.

I ironed some Heat N Bond interfacing to the back of the floral fabric.
I did the same with a piece of black print.
Once it was cooled I die-cut multiple flowers and leaves.


I peeled the paper off the back and positioned everything where I wanted it.
Then it was just a matter of ironing it in place.


The main cluster is on the bottom front corner.


I added just a little cluster to the top right,
using the flower center cut as extra embellishments.
Then I added another cluster to the top of the back.


Then it was a matter of adding my eyelets,
and threading my elastics.

I wanted to add an extra element to the front elastic.
So I went through my Tim Holtz stash and found this one.
That determined the theme of this TN...which is HOPE.


I had so much fun decorating the outside
that I decided to carry in on to the inside.

I added fabric pockets to the inside front and back.


The long leaves looked like feathers to me.
I added one to each of the pockets.

Then I created tags to fit in the pockets.
I added appropriate quotes to each of the tags.



Isn't that fun? 
I can't wait to make the inserts and fill it up with all my HOPES,
and wonderful quotes and verses of HOPE!

* * * * *

Maker's Movement Products Used:

Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System,

Beautiful Posey Flower Set 1 Fab Die

* * *
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * *

Here are all the links for you:


5 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Hugs, Teresa

Shona Erlenborn said...

How creative! Beautiful work!

Eekers said...

Wow, it's come out beautifully, I wish I had more reasons to journal! :) x

Chrissy said...

Gosh, this beautiful Nancy, what a gorgeous notebook cover..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Susan M said...

I'm glad I visited your blog to see if I had missed any of you posts on Facebook. I would have missed this beautiful notebook ! It's wonderful Nancy, especially with the theme of hope !

Blog Archive