Thursday 3 September 2020

My Scrap Chick - Once Upon a Time Album

 Hello, my friends!


Today I have a fun new project share for My Scrap Chick!

 I'm featuring a fun combination of files today.
I've used:



and Once Upon a Time 2 Clip Art.

 These are the files I used
but there are so many more options for this collection.
I used the print/cut option with my Cricut.
There are also complete cut files, and black/white digi stamps.
You can find all the various options HERE.

Here's the front cover:


Please excuse the strange white lines in some of the images.
My printer wasn't feeling well, and I didn't notice until it was too late.


Now...here's my thought process behind this album.
First of all, it was just lots of fun to put together.
Secondly, I think it's a great one to get the kids involved with.

I don't have little ones in my life these days
but I considered them as I was putting this together.
I knew that the album would be about 6 inches,
so I sized my images with that in mind.
I pulled the page colors from the images.


I cut two pages from each cardstock color.
As you can see in all my photos,
I added images on each side of the open spread.
I didn't photograph the other side of the pages because I left them blank.


I arranged all the characters with my story in mind.
You might even be able to guess at some of the storyline.


The idea I had was to involve the kids in coming up with the story.
They can choose the characters for each page,
and they can write it out on the blank pages.
If they're younger, then you can write it out for them
but it will be their own original story.
If you opted to use the digi stamps from the collection,
the kids could even color the characters.

To finish of my album,
I added sparkly glitter glue to each of the images.
I punched the binding holes, inserted the rings, and added the ribbons.


I think this would be a fun birthday party activity too. 
You could cut out the albums, and print/cut the images.
Then they could have the fun of putting them together,
and added all the sparkle - with glitter glue or actual glitter!

* * * * *

Products From My Scrap Chick:




Other Materials Used:
Recollections Cardstock;
Kaisercraft Binding Rings;
Offray Ribbon;
Pencil Crayons;
Assorted Stickles and Glitter Glues.

* * * * * 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope I gave you some interesting ideas
on how to use some of these files.
I'll be back soon with another fun project share!

 * * * * *
Have you signed up for the My Scrap Chick newsletters yet?
Don't forget to do that!
You really don't want to miss out on any of the great freebies! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:




4 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Aww, this is so cute. It reminds me of a story book. I can imagine a child writing her own story in it, to go with the pictures. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Any child would be thrilled to be involved with this fabulous work Nancy, I love the album and the wonderful images, just right for a little princess to work on. LOVE LOVE this.
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a creative project. A young one will have so much fun with this. Love the added sparkly embellishments!

Jana Forrest said...

First, Nancy your album is fantastic! This would be great in the classroom for creative writing or just having the children make up a story as a group. Gosh almost makes me want to go back to teaching again. Super project! Big hugs

Blog Archive