Wednesday 21 October 2020

Vilda Stamps - What Do You Do...

...When You Live in a Shoe?   

Is that a familiar saying to you?
I've asked a few people and they've never heard of it.
Yet if I ever hear the line "what do you do?"...
in my mind it is immediately followed by "when you live in a shoe?"
I had a little talk about it with my brother recently. 
He's very familiar with it too,
so it's something from our childhood. 

All that being said...

It's time for a new project share for Vilda Stamps,
and I'm thrilled to be sharing this fun Shoe House stamp.

Today I have made a card featuring V219 Stamp Set.
This is an A5 Stamp Set that includes 12 stamps.
I have used two of them on my card.
You'll find the set HERE.
  
Here is my card:


I stamped and coloured two of the images from the stamp set.
I cut a card base from kraft cardstock,
and created a square frame in the front. 
I inserted the image behind it, and did some pen-stitching around it.


I fussy cut the little fellow and added him to the corner of the frame.
Isn't he cute? He obviously lives in the house! ;o)
Here's a closer look:


Vilda Stamps Used:


Other Materials Used:
Recollections Cardstock;
Alcohol Markers;
Black Pigma Pen.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for taking a look!
I'll be back soon with another project!

* * * * *
If you're not familiar with Vilda Stamps, they are located in Sweden!
I've been a big fan of the stamps since I was introduced to them 
while working on a DT in Germany!
The stamps can be purchased from Engstroms Artstudio AB.
They ship all over the world.

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:


4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I have often used the phrase " were you born in a tent "..when the kids left the door open..but not, what do you do,when you live in a shoe,cute though..BUT, I LOVE this image and colouring Nancy..FABulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ilonka said...

Hi Nancy, youre Shoe card is so awesome !!
Big hugs Ilonka xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Adorable card, gorgeous colouring, and yes, that saying is very familiar to me. Hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Nope - sorry, not heard that one, just about the Old Woman who lived in a shoe written around about 1794 -

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
She gave them some broth without any bread;
And whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.

Can you imagine that these days?

Anyhow enough of that, I absolutely LOVE your card Nancy, I have a thing about shoe houses! I've done a couple myself, however this card is truly amazing, I love your colouring and the little person in the corner, it's all framed so beautifully. Such a wonderful and creative card.
Faith x

Blog Archive