Wednesday 26 May 2021

Relative History - My Dearest Jane Mini-Mini

 Hello, my friends!

I'm very happy to be sharing my first post as a Design Team Member of Relative-History!
Relative-History is a UK based company,
dedicated to helping people tell their stories and document their family history.

This month, and next, we are focusing on all things Jane Austen!
There are some fabulous new collections to go along with this,
including the one I've used today which is called:

"My Dearest Jane"

Some of these products are also available as digital downloads.
I have been having so much fun with this collection!
I will have more projects to show you in the coming weeks.

Today, I have made a little mini - mini.
This little book measures about 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", which makes it super cute!
I have lots of pictures to share with you

Here it is:


I started by die-cutting my mini-mini base from black chipboard.
The front cover is decorated with one of the digital papers cut in an oval,
and one of the beautiful ladies fussy cut from a downsized digital postcard.
I added a pretty green bow, along with a green rhinestone on the closure.


For the patterned papers in my book,
I printed the papers double sided, using two of the digital papers.
I added an adorable pocket and tag to the inside front cover.
For the title page, I used the collection name strip.
I just inked it and adhered it in place.


For my pages, I used a combination of the printed patterned papers,
manila sketch paper, and parchment paper.
Book page images are actually shrunken down illustrations from a Jane Austen book.








These pages all form one signature that I stitched into the cover,
using waxed linen thread.






There are several other pages in this book that I didn't photograph.
They were just the manila and parchment pages.
The pages are small but there are lots to write on.


I added another pocket and tag on the back inside cover.


Here's the spine where you can see the signature stitch.


Here are the fanned out pages.
You can also see the bulb pin that I added to the closure.
I've added some coordinating beads and sequins to the bulb pin.


Can you see how much fun I had making this?
I always really enjoy making mini things! :o)

* * * * *

Relative History Products Used:

A4 My Dearest Jane - Digital Download;

My Dearest Jane Postcard Pack - Digital Download;

Book Illustrations - Digital Download.

Other Materials Used:
Eileen Hull Needle Book Die;
Walnut Stain Distress Ink;
Manila Sketch Paper;
Parchment Paper;
Bulb Pin, Sequins, Beads:
Green Woven Ribbon;
Green Rhinestone.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping in today!

There are some really fun events happening at the Relative-History facebook page.
You really want to head over there and take a look.
I hope that many of you will come and join in the fun!

 * * * * *

Here are the links for you:

Relative - History Shop

Relative - History Blog

Relative - History Facebook

6 comments:

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Gaaf!!
Awesome!!! Really great
Claudia

http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com/
https://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow! This is stunning! What a gorgeous project, Nancy!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Nancy, this is just awesome, what a fabulous project. Just made a visit to the site, will explore more. Thanks for the link.
Faith x

Susan M said...

It's beautiful Nancy ! The papers and illustrations are gorgeous , what a great way to use your needle book die, really fabulous !

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous journal. I love the side view of the spine and the tab enclosure. Congrats on your new DT position.
hugs,
Teresa

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous mini book Nancy, love the cover shape and all the pages and pockets front and back are fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Blog Archive