Tuesday 7 March 2023

How To Add Texture and Dimension to a Simple Mini Slimline Easter Card

      Hello, my friends!

It's time for a new project share for Printable Cuttable Creatables!

Today I'm going to share some simple ways to add extra 
texture and dimension to a simple cut card.

Today I am using:

Easter Eggs in Grass SVG Cut File,

and Happy Easter Digital Paper Pack.


Here's the finished card:


See the texture and dimension?
Such a pretty cut...in all the pretty pastel colors!

Here's how I did it:


I cut out the pieces, as is, using the SVG file.
I then cut a second layer of grass, slightly shorter, in a darker shade of green.
I also chose the lovely pastel plaid paper for my background.


Here the egg layers are adhered together.
They're lovely just like that.

However, look what happens when you add some simple Stickles.


Doesn't that add some lovely sparkly texture?

In the photo below, I show the two layers of grass.
Using my fingers on the lighter piece, I curl all the blades of grass.
For the darker piece, which will be in the back, 
I curl just the tips of the longer blades.


Here they are layered together:


The extra, darker cut, along with the curling, adds wonderful dimension!
I then added the plaid paper to my pink card base,
and adhered the grass in place along the bottom.

Then it was just a matter of tucking the eggs into place:


I varied the position of the eggs in among the grass.
Some were adhered in place using bits of foam tape.
This adds even more dimension to the finished card.

Even though the card has some nice texture and dimension,
it is still relatively flat and easy to mail out. 

These steps aren't difficult or time consuming
but they do elevate a simple flat cut
into something more interesting and eye catching!

Give it a try! :o)

* * *

Printable Cuttable Creatable Products Used:
Other Materials Used:
Recollections Cardstock;
Various Stickles. 

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun project!

* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:

Printable Cuttable Creatables Shop

Printable Cuttable Creatables Blog

Printable Cuttable Creatables Facebook     

2 comments:

Ilonka said...

Such a pretty easter card Nancy.
Hugs Ilonka

Susan M said...

Great card Nancy, love the sparkle the stickles adds to the eggs.

Blog Archive