Monday 1 October 2018

Whisker Graphics - Count Your Blessings Card

Hello, my friends!

I'm back to share a fun project created with products from the Whisker Graphics Shop!
I'm also over on the Whisker Graphics Blog today.
You're going to want to go over there and subscribe in the sidebar, if you haven't already done so. 
That way you won't miss all the fun shares from the rest of the DT,
and all the fun ways you can use these great products! 

* * * * *
 I had originally planned a different project share for today.
I was going to go back to my previous journal pages,
and show you how I finished off the Bitty Bag pages
with the wonderful twine from Whisker Graphics.
However, since next weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada,
I thought it appropriate to do a Thanksgiving themed project instead.

Here's the card I'm sharing today:



Here's how I made it:

I started by taking a Plain Brown Little Bitty Bag
and running it through the embossing folder.
Then I inked all the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


Next, I took a Large Yellow Tag.
I wanted the yellow but the brightness of the tag didn't work well with my papers.
I inked just the top of the tag with the Distress Ink,
as the bottom will be covered.


I created a kraft card base that measured 4" x 7",
and covered it with my inked decorative paper.
I inked the journal card and adhered it in place on the yellow tag!
See how well the yellow works now?


Now it's time to add the Red Bamboo Twine.
I added a double loop through the top of the tag.
Then I wrapped the bag and tied a bow,
before adhering the bag to the card front.


I added the bag slightly askew to add interest.


Fall projects are so much fun to make!


Here's one final look at the finished card:


Other Materials Used:
Papers: Carta Bella - Autumn Collection,
Recollections - Kraft;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain;
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Pumpkin Harvest.

Products from Whisker Graphics:





* * * * *
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back again soon with another project share!

Here are all the links you'll need:

2 comments:

Maria Pilar said...

woow, this is a great idea. Beautiful tag and sentiments.
Hugs

Katie said...

Lovely card and tag

Blog Archive