Thursday 27 June 2019

My Scrap Chick - Birdhouses???

Hello, my friends!

Welcome to a new DT post for My Scrap Chick!

Today I'm featuring the fabulous
Birdhouse Trio File,
which you can find HERE.

Now if you look take a look at my project,
they don't really look like birdhouses, do they?
They aren't supposed to! 
When you click on the shop link you'll see the adorable birdhouses.

I've actually considered purchasing a certain die for a while.
You might know the one.
It's a little dwelling die by a very popular designer. 
It's also very expensive, and I'm trying to decide if it makes sense for me.
I decided to take a look through the fabulous selection at My Scrap Chick,
with this die in mind, to see if a cut file would work.
When I came across the Birdhouse Trio file,
I decided it just might work.

What do you think? Aren't these adorable?


The file does include a sweet little chimney. 
I opted not to add it, as I just want a simple little building.
Maybe I'll use it another time.


The papers I used are just perfect for this project.
They are digital papers that were offered free online.
I'm afraid they're no longer available, so I can't provide a link for you.


I have some fun ideas of how to decorate these further.
I'll share them when/if I do.
I don't think I'll need to buy that expensive die after all!


I can see making a whole village of these sweet little buildings. 
It really pays to look at these great files and consider what else they can be! 
So much fun waiting to be had! :o)


Other Materials Used:
Paper: Kraft Cardstock, Unknown Digital Papers;
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain.

Scrap Chick File Used:


* * * * * 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with another fun project share!

 * * * * *
Have you signed up for the My Scrap Chick newsletters yet?
Don't forget to do that!
You really don't want to miss out on any of the great freebies! :o)

* * * * *
Here are all the links you need:




4 comments:

Natalia said...

That is seriously so cute!:)

Katie said...

Fabulous makes

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! these are wonderful Nancy, a little window and they become night lights at Christmas, as you say so many ways to use them and SO much cheaper than a die.
Faith x

Valerie said...

Nancy, I can't tell you how much I love the look of these. I would so use these in my summer display.

Blog Archive