Tuesday 3 March 2020

Rinea with Creative Embellishments - Easter Album Cover

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a fun tutorial for Rinea.
All month long, we are partnering with Creative Embellishments.
They have such incredible products in their shop!
It was so fun to combine them with Rinea foiled paper!

For my first project this month, 
I've created a pretty Easter Album Cover. 


Here's how I did it:


Materials Used:

Creative Embellishments - Junk Journal Cover 2, Easter Frame, Egg Word Set;
Purple Ink;
Stampendous Embossing Ink;
Embossing Powders - Green and Purple;
WRMK Corner Chomper;
Sticker Paper.


1. I began by inking up all the edges of the chipboard cover with purple ink. I set it aside to dry.


2. Next, I laid the Easter Frame over a piece of the Glossy Turquoise/Gold Foiled Paper. I used my craft knife to cut around the egg shape. You could also trace it with a pencil and cut it out with scissors. 
3. I then inked the frame with embossing ink, covered it with green embossing powder, and heat set it.
4. I then followed those same steps to emboss the word "Easter" in purple.


5. I cut two pieces of sticker paper to the size I wanted for the front and back covers. 
6. I rounded the corners to match the cover.
7. From the Starstruck Foiled Papers in Lavender, Jade and Turquoise, I cut multiple one inch strips.
8. I removed the backing from the sticker paper, and applied one of the strips in a pleasing angle. 
9. I continued laying down strips, alternating colors, until the sticker paper was completely covered.
10. I turned the paper over and trimmed all the excess foiled paper.
11. I cut a strip of Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper to fit the spine.


12. I adhered the front and back covers to the inked cover. I then adhered the spine strip in place.
13. I adhered the embossed frame over the Glossy Turquoise egg shape.
14. I adhered the Easter Frame in place on the cover.
15. Finally, I adhered the "Easter" in place on the egg


I can't wait to fill this pretty album with all kinds of Easter items!


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another collaboration project!
In the mean time,
head over to Creative Embellishments and check it out!
* * * * *

Here are all the links for you:



3 comments:

Natalia said...

Sooo pretty!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How fun! These papers are beautiful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So creative Nancy, the foil is a fabulous cover especially how you cut the paper, love the egg and Easter word too.
Faith x

Blog Archive