Wednesday 1 April 2020

Happy Easter!

Hello, my friends!

You may have noticed I've been making a number of changes to my schedule lately.
I have stepped down from several DTs
but I also have some wonderful new things coming,
and this is one of them. 

I'm really happy to share that I have joined the Design Team over at Dies R Us.
Two Wednesdays a month I'll be sharing some projects using the great dies available in the shop.
Dies R Us has now opened a Canadian store. 
Woohoo! :o)

Today I'm sharing an Easter Card.
Easter will be so strange this year.
We won't have the opportunity to attend church, 
or celebrate the occasion with our loved ones. 
Perhaps this is the Easter we should all mail cards to those we will miss.
They might be late but I don't think that ever matters.

Here's my card:



Here's what I used:


The dies I'm using are both from Tutti Designs:

I started with an A2 tent fold card base in white cardstock.
Then I chose some wonderful paper from Altair Art - Ever & Always Collection.
I used two pieces of  lovely soft green papers. 
This is a double-sided paper: damask on one side, polka dot on the other side.


I began by die-cutting an oval from the center of the front of the card.
I die-cut the frame die from the green damask print paper.
I cut a piece of the green polka dot paper to measure 4" x 5 1/4".
I adhered this paper to the back side of the card front.


I stamped the "Happy Easter" in place through the oval.
I then adhered the frame in place on the card front. 


I then die-cut a second Easter Frame.
From this piece, I fussy cut some of the little butterflies and flowers.
I curled/folded these up, and adhered them in place onto the first Easter Frame.
It adds such nice dimension to the card.
To finish it off I added white crystal drops to the frame.


Inside the card, I added a rectangle of the polka dot paper.
Then I stamped a wonderful Scripture verse from the same stamp set,
onto the oval that I cut out of the card front,
before adhering it onto the rectangle strip.
Finally, I added a double-looped bow to the top of the card.
Isn't that a fabulous verse?
It's a wonderful reminder that God is still on His throne!




Dies R Us Products Used:




Tutti Designs - Stitched Nesting Ovals



Other Materials Used:
Altair Art - Ever & Always II 6" Paper Pack;
CC Designs - Amy R - Easter Blessings Stamp Set;
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink;
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White;
Celebrate It Ribbon.

* * * * *

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month
 and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty! I love that delicate wreath with the sweet little butterflies and flower additions.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a lovely and beautiful card Nancy, love the dies and that stamp set.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Making and sending Easter cards is an excellent idea. Your card is beautiful. Congratulations on your new position. Switching things up, especially at a time like this, can really brighten your perspective. And with the high rate of exchange right now, knowing that these gorgeous dies will be available in Canada is very good news indeed. I tried to order art supplies from an American company a few days ago and my order was cancelled with no explanation. I can only imagine it had to do with shipping restrictions due to the virus.
I hope you are keeping safe & happy.
Hugs for PEI,
Teresa

Blog Archive