Sunday 17 May 2020

Rinea Tutorial - A Pretty Pair of Foiled Teacups

Hello, my friends!

Today I have a new tutorial for Rinea.
Sadly, this is my last project for the DT at Rinea.
After two years, I've made the tough decision to step down.
It won't be my last project using these wonderful foiled papers.
I'll continue to use them in future projects.

Today I'm sharing a fun little set of foiled teacups.
These foiled papers are perfect to use with a 3D die project.
They hold their shape beautifully!

Here are my teacups:


Here's how I did it:


Materials Used:



Sizzix Brenda Walton Teacup Die.


1. I wanted to make my teacup a combination of Sapphire and Gold. I went ahead and stacked both colors of the foiled paper on the die, and then ran it through my die-cutting machine. 
2 Simply assemble the die-cut pieces.

Since I had cut 2 of each pieces, I went ahead and assembled both the teacups. The die also includes a little tea tag but I didn't use it.


Aren't they pretty little cups?
I like the color combination, and think they look very elegant.


Although I decided to leave my teacups plain,
there are many ways you could embellish them:
add flowers, trim, lace, etc.
They are a really good size for adding treats too.


I think they would be really lovely decor pieces for a teaparty!
There could be one at each place setting, filled with treats,
along with the names on the tea tags.
Such a fun project!


* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
See you again very soon!
* * * * *



Here are all the links for you:



5 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

These are fabulous those papers are amazing when I first opened the page I thought they were fine glass wonderful project Love and hugs Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I absolutely LOVE what you have done with those fab papers, the design of the cup certainly suits the colours, their a delight Nancy.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

so cute! These would make great little tea party favors.

Chrissy said...

Gosh, these are so pretty Nancy and would make beautiful party type favour containers on a wedding or anniversary table, birthday, they are so lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Oh, I was in such a hurry to comment, as I was excited, I posted my comment then read your post and you already mentioned treat cups..lol..I still love them..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Blog Archive