Friday 5 July 2019

Swedish House Crafts - Guest Spot

Hello, my friends!

I know it hasn't been very long since I was on the DT of Swedish House Crafts.
Today I am back with a Guest DT post for them! 
Maybe they missed me? ;o)

So I have a fun project to share with you!
I have combined a sweet Paper Nest Dolls image,
with some fun Laserowe Love products,
to create this fun hanging.
I think it would be a lovely "Baby Sleeping" sign!


I began with this sweet Hippo stamp from the Paper Nest Dolls - Hippos Stamp Set.
 I stamped it onto watercolour paper, using Ranger Archival Ink.
 I then used a variety of watercolour pencils, along with a water brush, to colour it. 
I set it aside to dry.


Then I moved on to the Laserowe Love - MDF - Bookmark D
I thought this would be the perfect base for my little hanging. 
I used a pretty paper from the Laserowe Love - Lily Flower Collection
and covered the front and the back of the MDF piece.
 I inked around it with a pretty turquoise ink. 


Next, I took the Laserowe Love - MDF - Frame Banner, using the front frame piece only. 
I covered the front with Stampendous Embossing Ink, 
then sprinkled it with Beach Cruiser Embossing Powder from Sparkle 'N Sprinkle. 
I then heat set it with my heat gun. 
I then repeated the process once more to get a really nice thick coating. 


Then I die-cut the coloured image in a circle to fit behind the embossed frame, 
and adhered it in place.
 I then adhered the framed piece onto the base piece. 
I added some pretty turquoise pearls; five along the top, and three on the bottom. 


Finally, I tied a pretty yellow ribbon into a double-looped bow, 
and added it to the top of the embossed frame.
 I also added another yellow ribbon loop to the top of the base piece to serve as a hanger. 
Now it can be hung on the wall, the door, or even from the door knob.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I'll be back again soon with another fun project!

* * * * *
In the meantime,
head over to the Swedish House Crafts,
and take a look at all the fun goodies in the shop!

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Soooooo adorable, love the image and the colours.
Faith x

Maria Pilar said...

Adorable hangdoor. So sweet Nancy
Hugs

Blog Archive